Airport Travel Checklist – Hire a Town Car
Whether you are flying within the same state, across the country or around the globe, it is important to be prepared for airline travel. Always remember to book early for your Long Island airport transportation – to get you to JFK or LaGuardia on time. Our travel checklist will help prepare you for your next trip!
- U.S. federal or state issued photo I.D.. Visit the TSA.org site to see a complete list of approved forms of I.D. (Note: remember to make copies of any I.D. that you will be traveling with, like your passport.)
- Allow for time to get through airport security and check-in. Check with JFK or LaGuardia if you are uncertain how long airport security will take. Often you are advised that this can take between 2 to 3 hours, especially for an international flight. Better to allow extra time and not need it, than to not have enough time.
- Your baggage – but pack smart! Some airlines have fees for bags. Some also have specific guidelines about how large your bag must be. Remember as you pack – you’ll want to leave some room to bring back souvenirs from your vacation or trip!
- A carry on – but check the approved size before you go! The majority of airlines will not permit a carry on that is larger than 45 inches (this is the total of the height, weight and depth of the carry on bag).
- Medications you take regularly – or might need. This is especially important if you are traveling far, like an international trip. But even for a vacation a few states away, it is much easier to enjoy your trip when you know you’ve got everything you need.
- Want to pack your favorite hairspray or gel? Bringing liquid? These are permitted in limited quantities. Visit the TSA.org site to learn about the exact, permitted amounts: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons
- Wondering if you can bring an item? Learn about Prohibited Items at the TSA.org site.
- Your cell phone – but keep it turned off. Your cell phone cannot be used while the plane is traveling.
- Teach the kids contact information for home and where you are going. Parents and guardians, this is especially important. Most of us have seen the Home Alone movie and have laughed at the funny antics, when this cute kid gets left behind for the Christmas vacation – but its a serious situation when your child gets lost while you are traveling. Every child should know their parents’ contact information – and the contact information for who you’ll be staying with for where you are traveling to.
- When you book your flight – use our Airport Transportation Services! Don’t wait for the last minute to reserve your town car or limo for your trip to and from the airport. Most of us know that getting to JFK or LaGuardia isn’t easy – even on a sunny, no-traffic day. So if you need JFK airport transportation or LaGuardia airport transportation, contact us when you reserve your flight. You’ll feel confident and secure, knowing our limo service will get you to the airport easily and efficiently each and every time you fly.
Wishing you a great vacation or business trip!Sources: faa.gov